Do you know that over 1.4 billion cars are driving through various streets in the world? That means hundreds of thousands of keys are lost every day.
While you can count yourself lucky, losing your car key can happen to anyone, even the most careful of us. They are so tiny and look forgettable. However, the question is, what do you do when your car key (s) are lost or damaged?
Here at Neighborhood Locksmith SF, people always look surprised when we charge them for replacing their car keys. Some complain it is too expensive, and others just walk away. So today we decided to compare and contrast prices with other places to enable you to make your decision tomorrow.
Before we jump straight into it, let me put it out there. Having your keys replaced by a locksmith is the cheapest, quickest, and surest way to replace your lost, damaged or missing car keys.
What to do if you cannot find your key?
Do not panic. You must have read it a million times, but that is honest advice. Anything outside this statement will not help you or solve the situation. Do not panic. You can do the following:
- Thoroughly search the area and try to remember if you left it anywhere else.
- Check all your car compartments and handbags, purses, and wallets.
- If you cannot find it, gather your vehicle information because the locksmith will ask for it when you call for their service.
- If you have no spare key, request a car key replacement service.
- If you decide not to work with a locksmith, consider the cost and time before making a choice.
- Regardless of your choice, make an extra key just in case you lose it again.
Five ways to replace a car key
The locksmith is our first choice, and here is why. A Locksmith should be your first choice because it is cheap, and they can replace any type of car key on the spot. With a locksmith, you only pay for cutting a new key. There is no garage charge or diagnostic fee for modern cars. It is swift, clean, and you are on your way shortly. The auto locksmith can also come to your location and charge you nothing and even check other things like the lock and ignition just to ensure you are good to go.
If you are in another locksmith fix, like being a car locked out, they will open the door and resolve the problem.
So what other choices are available?
- Car insurance companies only cover certain cars, and their service is expensive and could cost more if your insurance policy does not cover them. Hey, insurance companies work with locksmiths too.
- The roadside service also offers car key replacement, but the process is slow, and sometimes you get directed to a locksmith too.
- Your dealership – well, you probably know what we are going to say. They are expensive and might not have all the tools to cut a new key like a locksmith. If they are ordering the key, you may have to stop using your car until the key arrives in the mail. You know, they use locksmith services too.
- Your local garage is another quick choice, but it is expensive and very slow. Additionally, they charge for every extra service they do. So are you still thinking about calling the Neighborhood Locksmith SF? Call them now on (415) 881-3721. Locksmiths are affordable, reliable, and trusted.